The Brass Metal is available in 1 colour.
Brass Metal is a 70% brass filled PLA filament that is easy to print, sand and polish. Create beautiful objects with a true metallic look, 2.2 times the weight of traditional PLA, and a metal-like feel and heat conductivity. Due to the high percentage of brass, Brass Metal has almost no shrinkage but adheres a little more to the nozzle. A special lubricant is available to increase the flow rate and prevent Brass Metal from sticking to the nozzle. Finally, all of the above combined with its correct strength, the result is a filament that can be printed on almost all types of filament deposition 3D printers available on the market with removal activated on the nozzles ≥ 0.35mm.
Directions for use:
– The recommended temperature for the heating mat is ± 35 – 60°C. Due to its low shrinkage tendency, Brass Metal can also be printed without a heat mat. Despite its low tendency to retract, we recommend using a hook like The EZ Stick (for all types of parts), an adhesive such as Blue Tape or PET (for small parts), glue (for large parts), or even both (Blue Tape or PET and glue). If you use glue, no need to put it on the entire surface of the part, but only on the contours or areas at risk of retraction.
– CAUTION, please use a hardened steel nozzle when printing with Brass Metal. Brass powder is extremely abrasive and causes rapid wear of conventional brass or copper nozzles (replace nozzles approximately every 500g).
– Please take a look at the “Tips” section for more information on printing and post-processing of Brass Metal.
– Brass Metal can be used on almost all filament deposition 3D printers.
– Our filaments are filmed, in a cardboard box without window filmed also to ensure the good conservation of the product until the moment of use.
– Store it in a cold and dry environment (15 – 25 ° C), away from light (UV) and under vacuum (to stay dry). We recommend that, after each use, you vacuum it by slipping a silica gel pouch into it and in its box protected from UV. Good storage significantly increases the shelf life of your filament.
Size Ø Round tolerance
1.75mm. ± 0.05mm. ≥ 95%
Specific density: ISO 1183 – 2.78gr./cc.
Temp. Printing: DF – 195 ± 10°C
Temp. Melting: ISO 294 – 195 ± 10°C
Temp. Vicat softening: ISO 306 – 65°C
– The range of Metal filaments, such as Copper Metal, Bronze and Brass is very easy to print with any type of nozzle of 0.35 or 0.4mm., although we recommend a spring extruder with a stainless steel (hardened) nozzle. The high percentage of metal in this filament makes it extremely abrasive and leads to rapid degradation of traditional brass or copper nozzles.
– Through extensive testing, we can let you know that the withdrawal does not have to be disabled. However, it is recommended to do some tests beforehand to check if your voltage settings are perfect.
– The tests show excellent results on all Extruders of the Direct, Bowden or Hybrid type.
– Post-processing of the Metal range is a fairly easy process, although manual work is necessary when you do not have access to a sandblasting machine, which gives better polishing results.
Step 1: Print your item.
Step 2: Do a quick brush with a soft brush.
Step 3: Sand with 600 emery paper in water.
Step 4: With a Dremel with a metal polishing wheel, give the object a shiny metal color. Depending on the time and effort spent on step 3 and 4, you will get better results.
Step 5: This step in the process (obtaining a patina) is optional. A future blog will focus on how to get different patinas.
Click on this link to get the data sheet:
Click on this link to get the safety data sheet: