PP is available in 3 colours. Samples of 50gr. are available (in black only). Make your choice!
PP is a low density, general purpose polypropylene that is easy to print. PP was developed for optical clarity while maintaining mechanical performance and excellent layer adhesion. The high elasticity, decent flexibility, chemical resistance and long life of PP make it suitable for a variety of household items and containers. PP can also be used for engineered items such as movable hinges and snap-on fastening materials. Finally, PP can be used to print dishwasher and microwave safe objects. PP is a versatile, economical filament suitable for a wide variety of needs.
Directions for use:
– The recommended temperature for the heating mat is ± 0 – 50˚C. Due to its low shrinkage tendency, PP can also be printed without a heat mat. Despite its low tendency to retract, we recommend using a hook like The EZ Stick (for all types of parts), polypropylene sheeting (inexpensive) which does not require a heat mat (for small parts), glue (for large parts), or both (polypropylene sheeting and glue). If you use glue, no need to put it on the entire surface of the part, but only on the contours or areas at risk of retraction. Adhesion improves with a higher temperature of the first layer.
– PP does not adhere sufficiently to a standard printing sticker (such as Blue Tape, Kapton) to counteract shrinkage of bulky objects.
– Raft printing improves the removal of the bottom layer and eliminates mismatches in the polypropylene sheet.
– PP can be used on all filament deposition 3D printers.
– Our filaments are filmed, in a cardboard box without window filmed also to ensure the good conservation of the product until the moment of use.
– Store it in a cold and dry environment (15 – 25 ° C), away from light (UV) and under vacuum (to stay dry). We recommend that, after each use, you vacuum it by slipping a silica gel pouch into it and in its box protected from UV. Good storage significantly increases the shelf life of your filament.
Size Ø Round tolerance
1.75mm. ± 0.05mm. ≥ 95%
Specific gravity: ASTM D1505 – 0.9gr./cc.
MFI 230°C/2,16kg : ISO 1133 – 8gr./10min.
Tensile strength: ASTM D638 – 12mpa.
Elongation at break: ASTM D638 – >600
Flexural modulus: ASTM D790 – 402mpa.
Hardness : ASTM D2240 – D50
Printing temperature: DF – 230 ± 10°C
Temp. melting temperature: – – 205 ± 15°C
Vicat softening temperature: – – 103°C
Click here to get the data sheet
There are no reviews yet.