The NOVAMID ID 1030 CF10 is available in 1 color. Samples of 50gr. are available. Take your pick!
The NOVAMID ID 1030 CF10 (developed by DSM, manufactured by Dutch Filaments) is a new PA6/66 grade carbon reinforced polyamide that brings 3D printed part properties close to what is usually only achievable by molding or injection. With a 10% carbon fiber loading, printed parts are stronger, tougher, and stiffer than other available FFF materials, while matching the easy and fast printing of unreinforced plastics.
You will be able to print durable parts to structures with high dimensional stability and very low shrinkage. Despite the low loading of only 10% carbon fiber (much less than other carbon-filled materials), it creates parts that are clearly stronger, stiffer, tougher and have higher tensile strength.
Designed specifically for 3D printing, these excellent mechanical properties and its smooth, matte appearance make it ideal for applications that require a structure with robust performance and / or resistance to high temperatures.
It can be used on all filament deposition 3D printers with a hardened nozzle. Tests have shown that users can run their printers at the same speeds as unreinforced filament, while dramatically improving strength and toughness between layers.
Automotive applications under the hood
Protective and supportive sports equipment
High performance functional parts
Manufacture of jigs and accessories
Orthopedic appliances and medical prostheses
Structural applications requiring durable and rigid parts with good mechanical properties
Tips for use:
– The recommended temperature for the heating mat is 100 – 120°C. We recommend using a hook like EZ Stick (for all types of parts), an adhesive such as Kapton (for small parts), glue (for large parts), or even both (Kapton and glue). If you use glue, there is no need to put it on the entire surface of the part, but only on the contours or areas at risk of shrinkage.
– ATTENTION, please use a nozzle in hardened steel, tungsten or with rubies when printing with CARBON-P. Carbon fibers are extremely abrasive and cause conventional brass nozzles to wear quickly.
– DSM uses eco-friendly spools (made of strong cardboard) for easier recycling.
– The NOVAMID ID 1030 CF10 can be used on all filament deposition 3D printers.
– Our filaments are filmed, in a windowless cardboard box also filmed to ensure the good preservation of the product until the moment of use.
– Store it in a cold and dry environment (15 – 25˚C), away from light (UV) and under vacuum (to stay dry). We recommend, after each use, to put it under vacuum by slipping a pouch of silica gel and in its box protected from UV. Proper storage greatly increases the shelf life of your filament.
Size Ø Tolerance Roundness
1.75mm. ±0.05mm. ≥ 95%
Specific gravity: ISO 1183 – 1.17gr./cc.
Tensile modulus (X flat, X direction): ISO 527-1 – 3800mpa.
Yield strength (X flat, X direction): ISO 527-1 – 122mpa.
Yield elongation (X flat, X direction): ISO 527-1 – 2.5%
Breaking strength (X flat, X direction): ISO 527-1 – 110mpa.
Elongation at break (X flat, X direction): ISO 527-1 – 2.2%
Tensile modulus (flat Y, X direction): ISO 527-1 – 2720mpa.
Yield strength (Y flat, X direction): ISO 527-1 – 63mpa.
Yield elongation (Y flat, X direction): ISO 527-1 – 3%
Breaking Strength (Y flat, X direction): ISO 527-1 – 58mpa.
Elongation at break (Y flat, X direction): ISO 527-1 – 4.5%
Temp. printing temperature: – – 270 ± 15˚C
Temp. melting temperature: ISO 11357-1/-3 – 200˚C
Click on this link to get the technical sheet:
Click on this link to obtain the safety data sheet: