PLACTIVE AN1 is available in 1 color. Samples of 50gr. are available. Take your pick!
PLACTIVE AN1 (developed by Copper3D, manufactured by Dutch Filaments) is an innovative nanocomposite developed with high quality PLA and a patented, scientifically validated and highly effective Nano-Copper additive. This unique combination of technologies provides the following features:
The antibacterial action has been scientifically validated by eliminating more than 99.99% of fungi, viruses, bacteria and a wide range of microorganisms.
Clinically tested in amputee prosthetics with excellent results. *
NASA tested to prevent contamination during long duration spaceflight. **
Non-toxic and environmentally friendly product (biodegradable).
It has thermoforming characteristics to facilitate post-processing and final adjustments of the 3D printed application.
The antibacterial properties of the filament used to 3D print the Antibacterial Fingers were tested by two independent laboratories in accordance with ISO 22196 standard procedures. Bacterial analysis showed that PLACTIVE ™ with 1% antibacterial nanoparticle additives was 99.99% effective against Staphylococcus aureus. and 95.03% efficacy against Escherichia coli.
* Department of Biomechanics, University of Nebraska, Omaha, NE 68182, USA; firstname.lastname@example.org
**NASA Nebraska Space Grant 2018
Tips for use:
– The recommended temperature for the heating mat is ± 35 – 60˚C. Due to its low shrinkage tendency, PLACTIVE AN1 can also be printed without a heat mat. Despite its low tendency to shrink, we recommend using a hook like EZ Stick (for all types of parts), an adhesive such as Blue Tape or PET (for small parts), glue (for large parts), or even both (Blue Tape or PET and glue). If you use glue, there is no need to put it on the entire surface of the part, but only on the contours or areas at risk of shrinkage.
– The PLACTIVE AN1 can be used on all filament deposition 3D printers.
– Our filaments are filmed, in a cardboard box (also filmed) without window to ensure the good conservation of the product until the moment of use.
– Store it in a cold and dry environment (15 – 25˚C), away from light (UV) and under vacuum (to stay dry). We recommend, after each use, to put it under vacuum by slipping a pouch of silica gel and in its box protected from UV. Proper storage greatly increases the shelf life of your filament.
Size Ø Tolerance Roundness
1.75mm. ±0.05mm. ≥ 95%
Specific gravity: D792 – 1.24gr./cc.
MFR 210°C/2.16kg. : D1238 – 6gr./10min.
Viscosity: D5225 – 4.0
Tensile strength: D882 – 60mpa.
Breaking Tensile Strength: D882 – 53mpa.
Elongation at break: D882 – 6%
Tensile Modulus: D882 – 3.6mpa.
Bending strength: 83mpa.
Flexural modulus: 3.8mpa.
Temp. printing: 200 ± 10°C
Temp. softening temperature: E2092 – 55°C
Temp. melting max. : 55 to 60°C
Click on this link to get the technical sheet:
Click on this link to obtain the safety data sheet:
There are no reviews yet.