The PLACTIVE AN1 is available in 1 color. Samples of 50gr. are available. Make your choice!
PLACTIVE AN1 (developed by Copper3D, manufactured by Dutch Filaments) is an innovative nanocomposite developed with high quality PLA and a patented, scientifically validated and highly effective Nano-Copper additive. This unique combination of technologies provides the following features:
The antibacterial action has been scientifically validated by eliminating more than 99.99% of fungi, viruses, bacteria and a wide range of microorganisms.
Clinically tested in amputee prosthesis with excellent results. *
Tested by NASA to avoid contamination during long-duration spaceflight. **
Non-toxic and environmentally friendly product (biodegradable).
It has thermoforming features that facilitate post-processing and final adjustments of the 3D printed application.
The antibacterial properties of the filament used to 3D print antibacterial fingers have been tested by two independent laboratories according to ISO 22196 standard procedures. Bacterial analysis showed that PLACTIVE ™ with 1% antibacterial nanoparticle additives was 99.99% effective against Staphylococcus aureus. and 95.03% efficacy against Escherichia coli.
* Department of Biomechanics, University of Nebraska, Omaha, NE 68182, USA; email@example.com
** NASA Nebraska Space Grant 2018
Tips for use:
– The recommended temperature for the heating mat is ± 35 – 60°C. Due to its low tendency to retract, the PLACTIVE AN1 can also be printed without a heating mat. Despite its low tendency to retract, we recommend using a hook like The EZ Stick (for all types of parts), an adhesive such as Blue Tape or PET (for small parts), glue (for large parts), or even both (Blue Tape or PET and glue). If you use glue, no need to put it on the entire surface of the part, but only on the contours or areas at risk of retraction.
– PLACTIVE AN1 can be used on all filament deposition 3D printers.
– Our filaments are filmed, in a cardboard box (also filmed) without window to ensure the good conservation of the product until the moment of use.
– Store it in a cold and dry environment (15 – 25˚C), away from light (UV) and under vacuum (to stay dry). We recommend that you, after each use, put it under vacuum by slipping a bag of silica gel in it and in its box protected from UV rays. Good storage significantly increases the shelf life of your filament.
Size Ø Round tolerance
1.75mm. ± 0.05mm. ≥ 95%
Specific density: D792 – 1.24gr./cc.
MFR 210°C/2.16kg. : D1238 – 6gr./10min.
Viscosity: D5225 – 4.0
Tensile strength: D882 – 60mpa.
Tensile strength at break: D882 – 53mpa.
Elongation at break: D882 – 6%
Traction module: D882 – 3.6mpa.
Bending strength: 83mpa.
Bending modulus: 3.8mpa.
Temp. Printing: 200 ± 10°C
Temp. softening: E2092 – 55°C
Temp. of max. merge : 55 to 60°C
Click on this link to get the data sheet:
Click on this link to get the safety data sheet: